Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

MY LAST SONG
By Sharon Logan

I must let go this earthly thread to see what lies beyond,
When last I lay upon my bed, I’ll know of what I’m fond.
If one hangs on because of dread, the truth will soon be known.
To grab too tightly on the thread reveals the seed that’s sown.
If I long for heaven’s gate to see His precious face,
And strain against the earthly weight that keeps me in this race,
Those I love will sing with joy to see my hopes revive.
They’ll surely know I’ll soon enjoy my hope that will survive.

Chorus:
Take me now into Your arms! I long for Your embrace.
I rest within Your voice that charms, I long to see Your face!
No other one has ever been so faithful, so loving, so worthy!
O Lord, You’re more than just a Friend; So close and yet so mighty!


I reach my arms to Heaven’s light and all that lies within,
To know the Source of all that’s right and leave behind my sin.
We cannot know the joy beyond unless He pays our price.
He loosed me from my human bond with His own sacrifice.
For this moment I will look, not with dread but hope.
I know my life will be a book that will reveal the scope
Of all that was within my life that pointed to my Love,
Not as a mother or a wife but Him who dwells above.

Chorus

I’ll sing with joy to see this Love who gave me life indeed.
He fills my soul with so much light that supersedes a creed.
I could not live in such a way that truly told of Him.
I only hope His life this day will sing the only hymn.
Far greater than the words I said to all I longed to save
Are all the words that have been read that my Savior gave.
He truly gave His very Self to save the lonely soul.
You must see this for yourself; this is your only goal.


Nothing more my life can be than what He purposed here.
Only that I’ll someday see with a heart of cheer
All those who see the glorious Light of He who gives His love.
That will be a precious sight! All His saints above!
We all will sing, “Hallelujah!” One voice, one tongue, one race.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah!” What joy to see His face!
We all will sing, “Hallelujah!” One voice, one tongue, one race.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah!” What joy to see His face!

No comments:

Post a Comment